Thursday 13 February 2014

Valentines Post: My Journey in Love

So I told y'all about my equilibrium shifter from last year and I perhaps said I might share a little more on a later date and that still stands lool! 

I often tell him that I have met him at the right time and I trully believe that ... I have lived a short but eventful life up till now and here is my journey in love so far.....

1. I learnt to love myself 
A lot of people presume to love themselves but often don't even know they don't and it's a cliche but true statement "how can you love someone when you don't know how to love yourself?". I have met a lot of people from different backgrounds and everyone has their story . I have had relationships just as many other people that have left them feeling hurt but upon self reflection for many years,  I really have learnt not try and control other people actions or feelings toward me! Choosing to let things go especially things or people that hurt you has been one of the best self taught lessons I have achieved in my life. In a relationship that's ended I have learnt to pick at my mistakes, forgive myself and healed from them!

2.Do you like the Girl or Boy in the mirror ?
Guilty perhaps as many other millions of people in the world , we love to take, take, take and after that complain! The hardest thing in relationships is admitting you were wrong! We often love the Victim emotional boohaa stories but honestly it takes two most of the time! It was quite the revelation when I really sat one day and reminisced about decisions I had made in a relationship, I hate to admit it but it's true I also came to conclusions that he probably did "I wouldn't love me neither" ! So you want romance , kisses, laughter? the Cinderella story ? You have to be his princess inorder for him to be your prince! 

3. Before I met you ...!!!
The hardest thing is letting go , I know but we have to because there is nothing worse than carrying your baggage into a new relationship! I didn't understand this until I met a guy who was always worried about what I'm doing because he had been cheated on! But as Hitler's method to dictatorship , repetition is a powerful tool , choosing to trust someone encourages them to also trust in you and hold that dear even in the most difficult of circumstances! If you choose to love go all in or don't at all because really there is nothing worse than being inlove alone!

4. Anyone can fall inlove but it's harder to stay inlove 
It's all roses and  kisses at the beginning ,nothing is more exciting than new love but that feeling of brand new needs to be maintained! Granted!.. it would not be the same but personally I love a man who can make my heart skip a beat every time I see him! That means how you made him fall for you is how you keep him! Keep that sexy lingerie on, keep that sexy texting , keep those I miss you's ! This shouldn't be difficult and if it is then the sad truth is often people fall out love because they pretended at the beginning and like any lie it eventually wears you out and you just give up! 

5. Don't be Stuck on Stupid 
I mean seriously we all like to fall for the same type ! The same type that got you so messed up the last time! We all know what we really want from a relationship but fear of being alone often drives us to compromise hence the residual behavior traits! What is it ? Nothing wrong with being single , it's a time to work on you for the right heart that's meant to love you! Take your time and filter the unnecessary ! 
I really hope everyone has a great Valentines ! We all get sensitive at this time because we all want love! Sigh ...

Be patient for the right love it's worth the wait 💋

Write your experiences in love! leave a Comment
Agree or not , that's how Scarlet C's It Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment