Friday 13 February 2015

Valentine Woes!!

I know this holiday comes with a very thick atmosphere and believe you me I'm no stranger to spending a few  valentines on my own! I'm not going to start preaching about how you should feel good because no one can make you feel better unless you are ready to do so however I am going to talk about the true essence of this so called "holiday of love"

Before I do that though, you know scarlet has to check some of yall ! The time we spend envying these so called social media perfect relationships when they are never  what they seem, yes thats right I said never !!  If really in a relationship two people are "perfect for each other " it is what that sentence says "perfect for each other". If John and Susan are perfect for each other, you can't really envy to have John because he wouldn't be right for you and you know whyI can swear my life on it? because you can never be Susan! I had to reiterate!! 

If you really think about the many people in your life that always have your back, that trully deserve a card or rose from you ; your family , friends, God??? How is it even possible that you could spend valentines alone then? It's not everyday lobster and champagne dinner for Val's if it's that important to you go ahead and treat yourself. I learnt a long time ago that true love is always there for you. 

I challenge you this Val's to dress up , feel good and make someone smile that's not your lover. My gift to you this year is a special favourite verse of mine from the bible that you should use to evaluate  some your situations! 


1 Corinthians 13:4-8New International Version (NIV)

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.


So leave me a comment on how you spent your Val's this year !! 

Agree or not this is how Scarlet C's it !!!๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️



No comments:

Post a Comment